Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pinewood Derby

And they're off . . . .

This weekend, the boys participated in the Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby. This was quite an event! John worked on their cars (you'll notice I said John, not the boys!) for days and days. The boys picked out a pattern and colors, that's about it. We had no idea what to expect. Next year, we'll be more prepared. Neither of our cars won any heats at all. They were pretty slow, in fact. Oh well. I think the boys had fun just going. We got free lunch too.

Jacob checks out the competition.

Samuel's troop votes on the coolest car.

Some of the cooler cars . . . .

2 comments:

Susan Seaman said...

Yes, this is really a competition for the Dads. Terry is sort of glad we have no cub scouts this year.

Reba said...

We participated in the Awanas one last year or the year before...I forget. I couldn't get over what a big deal it was. But it does sound like a fun time, I bet next year you will have a speed racer. :)