Saturday, July 2, 2011

Revolutionary Berries


A disclaimer first - - - I have been spending a lot of time reading the Pioneer Woman's blog, so I decided to get my camera out while in the kitchen this afternoon. I am in no way saying that these are Pioneer Woman worthy.

I was looking for fun, 4th of July treats to make and discovered this recipe for Revolutionary Berries. Hannah loves strawberries, and it definitely looked like something easy enough for her to make.

The recipe called for melting white chocolate chips, but I got a big block of Almond Bark instead. I love Almond Bark and can just lick it out of the bowl. Evidently Hannah can too.


Then, you need some blue sugar crystals.



Melt the Almond Bark in the microwave, stirring several times. And of course tasting to make sure it's ok.



Dip the strawberries into the melted Almond Bark. Try to cover the bottom two-thirds of the berry. Make sure there's still red berry showing on top.




Then, dip the berry into the blue sugar. Try to make the bottom third of the berry as blue as possible.



Lay the berries on wax paper so that they can dry and that the Almond Bark can harden. (I'm going to put mine in the fridge so that they'll be nice and chilled.)



A fun and easy patriotic treat! Happy 4th!


1 comment:

Reba said...

I have seen pictures of these before but have never made them. They look so fun! I may have to try these with Lauren (my little cook in the kitchen). I think I would eat them all though, right there. Yum! Love your pictures too. You are more Pioneer Woman than I am. I am doing good to get one picture at the end. :)