Friday, December 28, 2007

More Grown Up Than I Thought

I spent a large part of this morning going through "baby" toys in Hannah's room so that I could make room for newer "big girl" toys and better organize things in general. I expected great interference and difficulty from Hannah when she realized that I was packing away her toys. Just the opposite happened. She helped greatly in picking out toys that she no longer played with. We talked about some other babies who we might like to give them too, and she seemed excited about that. I can't believe how much stuff I had crammed into her room that she hasn't played with in well over a year. I guess I was just hesitant to pack it away; maybe keeping it out kept her my baby for longer. I think I will like it much better once I get everything put back in a place. Of course, organizing one room makes me realize how unorganized other rooms are. I plan to try and tackle some of the mess in the boys' room tomorrow. That will be a much bigger project. Their room is small for two kids, so anything I can get rid of and better organize will help greatly. I may have to watch a couple of episodes of Clean Sweep to get myself in the appropriate mood.

No comments: