Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Letter 2007



Dear Friends -




Christmas is fast approaching. I can hardly believe that it's December already as this fall has flown by so quickly. Our family is anticipating a joyous and restful holiday at home. I am particularly looking forward to some quiet evenings away from the hustle and bustle of school, parties, church activities, and endless errands.
The 2007 year has been a good one for the Huneycutts. We have enjoyed becoming increasingly involved with our church and are so grateful that our new pastor has brought energy and excitement back to UBC. I still sing in the choir, and the boys sing in children’s choir. I lead Kindergarten choir (where Samuel is) as well. The boys also participate in the AWANA program. UBC has resumed the Wednesday night meal for the first time in a number of years, and we enjoy being a part of that.
I am still teaching at McNair Middle School in Fayetteville; this is year fifteen! I am still doing seventh grade social studies. I started graduate school this fall in order to get a master’s degree in gifted education. I am hoping to eventually switch to a GT classroom in the district when a position comes available.
John is teaching in Siloam Springs - - 6th grade science. This summer, he was chosen to attend the Keystone Institute, a special training program for science teachers in Colorado. He enjoyed a week in the Rockies, going on several hikes and getting to go white water rafting.
Jacob is in the 3rd grade. He loves going to school and is still especially interested in all forms of weather. He has more than one weather radio and is the first one to check the forecast everyday. Samuel started kindergarten this year. He is in the same class with his best friend from pre-school, which makes his day more fun for him (maybe not for his teacher, though). Samuel loves sports and tosses almost anything into the air to play catch. He played soccer this fall but really wants to play football. Both boys cheered for Darren McFadden and the Razorbacks all season long.
Hannah is now three. She is definitely the princess of the family. It’s amazing how different girls are from boys! She is picky about her clothes, wags around dolls, loves to play dress up, and is quite dramatic about most everything. She had her tonsils out in August (quite the ordeal!) but has been doing great since.
We still enjoy camping and spent several weeks this summer camping in Colorado. We hope to make a trip to the New England area – maybe even Canada – this next summer if our schedule allows.
Please keep up posted on your family adventures. We love hearing from each of you, especially at Christmas.
Merry Christmas,

John, Carol, Jacob, Samuel, and Hannah Huneycutt

2 comments:

Leah said...

Your children are beautiful. Glad to read your Christmas letter, too. I think you should write more-I would love to read about your family. In fact, I'm going to link your page to ours so I can check back! I wish everyone had a blog...it makes keeping up with folks that you miss a lot easier.

GT will be great for you. I think that would be a neat classroom position. Unfortunately, we have to get Evan through school first.

I miss Bible Study at Carolyn's, too. I loved that group of ladies...I gained so much wisdom from you guys! You all will never know the influence you had on me! :)

Write more soon!

Leah

Katie said...

I'm so glad you finally got my comment and that you've decided to blog more. Reba is really the only person I have managed to keep in pretty close contact with over all these years and that is solely through the internet! (We will have been gone from NWA 8 years in May! Is that right? Crazy!) Anyway, I have fond memories of those 4 years in Fayetteville. I have a particular memory of you and Jacob while we were eating out as a group. He was probably not more than 4 to 6 months old and you had him perched on the edge of the table, he was growling at you like a little cub and it was SO cute! I am happy with our life now, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been like for the original group from back then to raise our kids together. I look forward to reading more from you soon!