Saturday, June 21, 2008

Play Ball!

Samuel's last baseball game was this week. His team made it all the way to the championship game. Samuel was so excited! J.R. Ball vs. Tune Concrete. (Samuel played for Tune Concrete last year and pointed out that he has uniforms for either team.) The game started off badly - - Samuel's team didn't score at all and the other team got their 8-run limit. We gradually caught up throughout the game, which was a total of 5 innings. We lost, with the final score 18 to 16. Samuel still got a trophy and didn't seem upset at all to lose. He is a very happy, go lucky kid and just has so much fun playing.

Tomorrow, John is taking him to a baseball clinic put on by the Naturals, our new minor league team. He'll get to play at Arvest Ballpark which is new, huge, and really nice. He's also supposed to get tickets to the Naturals game tomorrow night. It's free, so we figured it was worth taking him up there.

I'm almost done with my classes -- just three more days. It really hasn't been bad. Just really fast. I'll be half way done with my degree, and I'll be certified in GT before the start of next school year (Fall '09).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of baseball is it? I don't remember the exact ages when things switch. Is it pitching-machine or t-ball? I remember that I was too afraid to keep playing once it was a real pitcher (though I also got hit by the pitching machine one time).

Reba said...

Yeah for Samuel! That is impressive. The clinic sounds like fun. I am glad you are about done with class and getting closer to that GT certification! That is a great feeling!
Reba

The Huneycutt Family said...

It's coach pitch baseball. They get three pitches (regardless of how bad the pitch might be), then they get to hit it off the tee. The get one swing with the tee. Samuel actually struck out in the last game even with the tee. It was really low, and he misjudged where to swing. It's coach pitch for one more year, then it's machine pitch. Players start pitching at age 9, I think.

Susan Seaman said...

Noah plays his last game(s) this week. He doesn't really care for it, so he probably won't play again.

This is off the subject - but when are you going to put up another recipe of the week? I need to eat something besides tater tot casserole . . .