Thursday, July 31, 2008

But I Don't Want to Go!

Those are the words that have come out of Samuel's mouth every time we've said it was time to leave the condo and go somewhere, whether it's to swim, to eat, to ride the Ducks, etc. Every time he has had a blast, but he just doesn't ever want to get up and go!

We are still having a really good time in Wisconsin. We have gone to all six of the waterparks here at our resort. Each kid has a favorite slide or water activity. I'm particularly fond of the lazy river! I just love it that there are indoor parks as well as outdoor ones. We have tended to go to the outdoor ones first (while we're freshly lathered with sunscreen), stayed for a couple of hours, and then headed inside.


On Monday, we went to tour a cheese factory, only it wasn't really a tour. It was watching a "How to Make Cheese" video in the corner of the store. We did try some really good cheese, though. We drove the scenic way to Madison, crossing the Wisconsin River on a ferry. The kids hadn't ever been on one. They were pretty fascinated. We went to a zoo in Madison that a parent from this past year told me about. It was about the size of the Tulsa Zoo, and it was free! The kids really like seeing the animals. The cages were a little different than one I'm used to. We could actually stand about eight feet from two grown lions - with just a fence inbetween. We also went to an interactive science center.

Yesterday, we rode a Duck on the Wisconsin River. It was fun; the kids loved going from land to water - - just driving right in. There were some differences between the Ducks here and the ones in Branson - - no quacking, for instance. This morning we headed out early to Mr. Pancake, the local pancake house. It was really yummy. I had peanut butter stuffed pancakes. After I ordered, I started thinking . . . why do I always pick the really fattening things? Fruit on my pancakes would have been a better choice, I"m sure. But, the peanut butter ones were really good. And, it's not like I ate anywhere near all of them. I was stuff after eating just a little off my plate! After breakfast, we headed out to "The Ranch" to go on a horseback ride. Jacob rode on his own horse - - he did great! He thought it was so much fun. Samuel rode with me, and Hannah rode with John. Hannah whined and cried through the first half of the ride, so much that the trail guide stopped and switched her with Samuel. She was fine after that. I guess she's just a mama's girl. I thought the horses were pretty fun. I guess we'll have to get Katie to take us riding sometime.


I think we're going to hang out and swim for the rest of the day today. Maybe we can find a good movie for us all to watch this evening.


More pics . . .

3 comments:

Ann said...

It sounds like so much fun! I wish I were there!

Reba said...

Sounds like my kind of vacation! Museums, zoos, cheese. I love seeing the pictures. The horseback riding sounds like fun too. I hope you continue to have fun and we are still thinking of John!
Reba

Leah said...

What an awesome vacation!!!! I mean, a million water parks?!?!?! Sounds like my idea of fun!!!

I'm praying for John. Thanks for the update.

Also...I LOVE that picture of you and your kids. Very framable.

And one more thing...one of our old neighbors (from NWA) is teaching at McNair in the fall. His name is Ben Dial. I can't remember what his wife told me he is teaching, though. Sorry!!! They are great...She's a music teacher in Huntsville. Anyway, I'm gonna tell him to look for you, too!