Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

A good friend of mine makes pumpkin muffins all the time and talks about how good they are and how much her family likes them. She finally posted the recipe (ok, so it was like in January or something), so I was excited to try them. About two weeks ago when I did my grocery shopping, I tried to remember the ingredients . . . cake mix, a can of pumpkin, and cinnamon chips. So, I picked up a yellow cake mix, the pumpkin, and the closest thing Neighborhood Market had to cinnamon chips, which I decided was Heath brickle bits. When I got home and looked at the recipe, I discovered that I needed a spice cake mix, not a yellow cake mix. I knew the chips were off, but I figured it'd be ok. Well, the results were interesting. John and I liked them ok, but all of the kids turn up their noses. I must admit, I was a little disappointed.

So, today at the store (went to Harps because my friend said that's where they had cinnamon chips - - who knew they made cinammon chips like chocolate chips??) and got the correct ingredients. I figured being snowed in would make it a good time for muffins.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I hope they were good!

Katie said...

My boys don't care for the muffins when made with the spice cake mix. Too spicy?? Anyway, I tried it with the yellow cake mix and it was YUMMY! I like it either way though. I'm easy to please. :) But the cinnamon chips are a MUST in my humble opinion, if you use chips at all. They might be okay without any...

Reba said...

I am going through withdrawals because we haven't had any in two weeks. I seem them in our spring break forecast. I used only half the cinnamon chips last time for my diet's sake...I prefer the whole bag though. :)

Susan Seaman said...

I made some berry cream muffins for our race guests on Saturday. They were made with sour cream and three kinds of berries. I thought they were delicious!