Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Debbie


Today is my dear friend Debbie's birthday. Debbie and I met in the fall of 1989 in an education class at the University of Arkansas. I was a sophomore, and she was a junior. We both hated the class and swore off education, but we became the best of friends. We enjoyed making many college memories over the next several years, and we ended up as roommates once we both "came back to college" to become teachers. As you can see from the photo, one thing we had in common was hair!


After college, we remained close. She was the maid of honor in my wedding, and she gave me the same privilege in her wedding. I visited her when she lived in Carthage, Missouri and even when she lived in Paris, France!


Now that we're both "old married ladies" with children, it's been much more difficult to stay in touch. However, I know that I could count on Debbie at a moment's notice for just about anything. There's not many people you can say that about.


My hope is that, someday, we can take our daughters to Paris and for them to become the kind of friends that we have been.


Happy birthday Debbie!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

So sweet! Thank you, Carol! I can't believe that I have known you now for more than half my life. Time does fly! Thanks for the memories!

Mr. Huneycutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Huneycutt said...

We used to call those "Bangs from . . . heck."

Debbie said...

Chris said: I never knew that she had that big of a hairdo!!

Rebecca S. said...

A very sweet tribute! I guess I'll have to work on my blog tribute for your birthday.