Sunday, March 2, 2008

Go Hogs!

What a game! We had a rare treat yesterday to be able to go to the Razorback basketball game. My intern gave us four tickets to the game, so John and I got to take both boys. Although both boys have gotten to attend a game this year, we've never had more than two tickets at a time. It was fun to be able to go as a family (minus Hannah, but she wouldn't have liked sitting there for that long!) and sit together. And, what an incredible game it was! We were ahead most of the game, but in typical fashion were neck and neck right at the end of the game. (Of course, it wouldn't have been such a close game if we had decent officiating!) The Razorbacks pulled it out and beat Vanderbilt!!

We also had fun walking through campus to and from the game. The weather was so nice. I can't believe all of the changes that have taken place on that side of the University. I obviously need to drive around more often so that I'm not so surprised at new buildings, parking garages, etc. Did you know that the new parking garage is the largest parking garage in the state? Go figure.

How are your new year's resolutions going? I'm still doing well at drinking water, although not as good this past week. My exercise goal has gotten a good work out this week. We bought an elliptical machine so that I can get some quality aerobic exercise without having to leave home. Finding any time (other than the middle of the night) to go somewhere - even to walk in the neighborhood - was too great of a challenge for me to overcome. So far, so good with the elliptical. I've gotten up early every morning to work out before my shower. I'm up to 20 minutes. My goal is 30 minutes every day. My quiet times still need some work. I'm having a hard time being consistent. I've tried morning as well as night. I just can't seem to get into a good routine.

Family worship was really good tonight. The kids are very enthusiastic about this time. John went last week and bought new guitar strings for his guitar. He pulled it out tonight to attempt to play some praise music. Although a little rusty (How long has it been, honey? 15+ years maybe?), he can still play some recognizable chords. I bought a family worship book by Ruth Graham. It has good selections for the ages of our kids - at least the younger two.

I've been thinking about adding a recipe section to my blog. Maybe a recipe of the week? I love trying new things. Maybe some of us could share some recipes!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, I love the idea of you adding a recipe section. I would check it ALL the time!!! I'm ALWAYS looking for new, easy things to try out. I'm sure you are full of them, Miss Resourceful!!! I'll never forget all the geography help you faxed me my first year of teaching. I always loved teaching the "5 Pillars" essay. (I think that was your idea!!!)

Glad your family worship is still going well. Hang in there w/everything else!

Oh, and if you can LOVE a workout, I loved working out on the elliptical machine. So much easier on the knees!! We were members of Pulse in Fay. and I'd take a book and read while I was walking. Maybe you can grab your bible and read in the mornings while you walk-if it doesn't make you sick!

Reba said...

I too love the recipe idea. I have thought about the same thing on our blog. I am always looking for good, easy recipes. Sounds like you had a really fun day yesterday! I never really made any resolutions, but I am attempting to eat better. I am also working on the exercise thing. I have an elliptical and go through phases with it. I too am working on the quiet time thing. I just cannot figure that one out yet. I get good prayer time in, but I need to work on the Bible study.
Have a great week!
Reba

James said...

I didn't know that you were at the game. Allison and I got to go, too, because we got tickets from somebody. I'm glad we got to see that game, since it was so action-packed.