Monday, March 10, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame (I would if only I could get there!)

My stress level has just greatly increased! I got an email from Samuel's coach telling us about the first practice. I found out that practices are going to be on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. I have faculty meetings on Wednesdays, and they typically last until 4:00. We go to church on Wednesday nights, and I lead kindergarten choir that starts at 5:30. We eat dinner at church as well (before choir). Did I mention that the park where they practice is on the other end of the earth from our house, school, and Montessori? It is relatively close to church (relatively speaking). So . . . . what am I to do? I have to figure out how to be in two places at once. I know this is a typical problem for moms of school-aged kids. For this very reason, we didn't allow Samuel to play soccer this spring. We made him choose one activity. He really wants to play baseball. I never dreamed that practice and/or games would be on Wednesdays. I guess it's not really "church night" anymore for most people. I may be able to get someone to fill in at choir for me (at least until I can get there) until I get the conflict resolved.

On a brighter note, I think I have found someone to borrow a crayon maker from. If he still has it. I should be able to find out tomorrow. That would definitely make my invention process easier. I'll take anything being easier just about now.

A prayer request: This is the time of year when we have to apply to pull Hannah out of Montessori for the summer and not lose her spot. This has never been a problem in the past, but as always, they threaten that we won't be able to get back in the same class (which would make me VERY unhappy). Please pray that this situation will work out. It will save us a large chunk of change to not pay for two months of daycare!

4 comments:

Susan Seaman said...

Hey, we used to have a crayon maker. Didn't think about that. But the kids jammed it and it doesn't work anymore.

What about John? Can he take Samuel to practice?

The Huneycutt Family said...

John also has faculty meetings on Wednesdays. His meetings typically last until 4:30 p.m. And, don't forget that he's in Siloam Springs - - 45 minutes away at that time of day.

Susan Seaman said...

Maybe Samuel's grandparents can help out!

Reba said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Are practices only on Wednesdays? Hunter's are different days, so he just has to miss Wednesday night ones. It does get difficult being in so many places...and we are fortunate that he is the only one really doing anything at this point. I hope the day care situation works out. We will have to decide what to do about that before long...sure could use that money. :)
Reba