Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Dance Recital

Hannah has been taking tap lessons this year at Montessori. It's a fabulous deal; the instructors come to her school each week, so I don't have to take her anywhere, and it's only $5/lesson! She has practiced on the tile floor at home numerous times. She loves the sound her tap shoes make on the hard floor. (John and I aren't quite as crazy about the sound as she is.) I wasn't really planning on having her participate in this year's recital because it was when I would be out of town with Explorers Club. However, when I saw her costume and how excited she was about dancing on stage, I knew I'd have to figure out a way to make it work. Thanks to a friend from church (whose child is also at Montessori) who could take Hannah to dress rehearsal and to John and my mom for going to the recital, Hannah was able to debut her dancing abilities. I'm not sure she's ready for Dancing With the Stars, but she's pretty darn cute!

7 comments:

Ann said...

This was adorable! I'm sorry that you had to miss it. (The video did have problems, though, with pausing periodically.)

Unknown said...

Wow! That was so cute! (from Elizabeth)

Susan Seaman said...

I just watched this with the boys. They loved it. I especially liked the part where she danced with her partner. By the way, those boys are tall!

The Huneycutt Family said...

Those boys are 5 & 6. The one she dances with is Samuel's age.

Katie No-Pockets said...

Oh my goodness! That was the cutest thing I ever saw!! Hannah is quite the little dancer and she had all those moves down. I'm surprised at how much more outgoing she has gotten in the last year. Yea Hannah!

Leah said...

I was a tap dancer!!! I LOVED it...did it from Kindergarten until I was a senior in high school!!! So precious that Hannah is loving it!

Katie said...

So cute!!! I'm glad you figured out a way for her to participate. I can tell she really enjoyed it. Her partner is quite good too!