Thursday, May 15, 2008

Louisville

Jacob and I left last night at midnight on a charter bus bound for Louisville, Kentucky. We drove through the night getting little snippits of sleep here and there. We got to Louisville about 11:00 a.m. central time. Our first stop was the Louisville Science Center. It's a science museum geared to elementary and middle school students (but the adults had fun too!). It was a pretty neat place. We saw an IMAX about how the brain works, but the focus was on bike riders in the Tour de France. It had some amazing scenery.
After the museum, we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. It actually took about an hour to go just a few blocks away because our bus driver got really turned around and drove across the river into Indiana and had to turn around and cross back over. Dinner took a really long time; groups of 25 make things harder for restaurants. But, it was really nice just to sit for a while. My crab cake sandwich was awesome!
Tomorrow we go to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom for the day.

5 comments:

Susan Seaman said...

It's interesting that you're at Six Flags Kentucky right now since just this morning Rebecca and I read a Good Housekeeping article about a roller coaster accident where a girl lost both feet! It was gruesome. Hope everyone has a great and safe time!

Susan Seaman said...

Meant to add that the accident was at this same Six Flags location. The ride has been removed, though.

Rebecca S. said...

Yes, Please do not go on any roller coasters!! I don't think I will ever again! Have fun riding the little rides. LOL!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. Maybe your dinner will be served more quickly tonight. We picked up Samuel and Hannah, then John got here for them by 4:00. I'm going to the dance recital with John. Samuel is staying with Don. Mom

Leah said...

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

I'm sorry I didn't make it over to see you Friday night. It was just one of those days. My tutoring student ended up cancelling, so we went to Wal-Mart and Target a little earlier than I originally thought. Once we got home, I quickly got into my PJS!!!