Saturday, May 3, 2008

International Dinner




Every spring, Montessori hosts an "International Dinner." The children from each class choose a country to learn about. They learn to count in the language of their country and to sing a song or do a dance from that country. They also wear a costume that is somewhat reflective of the country. This was Hannah's first time to participate. Her class represented Germany. She had cute little suspenders and a feathered hat to wear. Thanks to Grandmama for making the black skirt; we couldn't find one to buy. Hannah has been learning some German (thanks to her teacher, Mr. Kevin, who is a German major). She can count to twenty, and she's learned to sing a song titled, "Baka Baka Kuken." (I'm sure I didn't spell that correctly.) We had so much fun watching her perform! Unlike either of her brothers who never did much more than stand on the stage and look scared, Hannah actually sang, danced, smiled, waved, and acted like she was having a grand time. Here are some pictures from the event. I hope to post some video just as soon as I can get another S video cable for my video camera.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures 0f Hannah are so cute. I wish I could have been there. We did have a good meeting in Little Rock and got home about 7:00. Mom

Ann said...

I wish I had been there, too. It looks like she is really having a great time! She looks so grown up, too.

Susan Seaman said...

Cute pics! I should have loaned you our lederhosen, but then she wouldn't have matched the others.

Katie No-Pockets said...

I always loved the International Dinner. It's so great that the kids learn all about a country including language, dress, culture, and get to do the performance. I bet Hannah knows more about Germany now than I do!! She looks like she had a fantastic time.

Reba said...

I hope we get to see some video! The pictures are adorable. Hannah looks like she had a really fun time!
Reba

Katie said...

What a cutie and what a neat program!

Thanks for the comment on the ultrasound. To answer your question: we do plan to have another one done (one of those fun, recreational type) soon. We might even get to do two. One with 2-D gender determination and another later on that's 4-D to see features better.

Leah said...

Email me at leahsmith8980@yahoo.com and I will send you my phone number. I'd love to see you, too!!! :) I knew your trip was this week. I'm glad you reminded me!