Thursday, April 24, 2008

Trip to the Farm

Samuel went on his first elementary school field trip today. He was so excited when he was getting ready this morning. He was going to get to ride a big yellow school bus for the very first time! I took the day off from school so that I could just be "mom" and go on the trip with him. He was supposed to get to go to the park for lunch and play time before going to the University farm to visit the animals. However, it rained so much last night and some again this morning that the park was too wet, and that part of the trip was canceled.

When I got to his classroom, his teacher had everyone assigned to groups. I had four students in my group. We got all the kids onto the bus. Three kindergarten classes on one bus - that's 75 kids, but they're so small that they can sit three to a seat. The bus ride was an experience, that's for sure. The kids were LOUD. When we went down Township (a really steep hill), all the children held their arms over their heads and screamed like they were on a roller coaster. Once we got to the farm, we toured the equestrian barn. Local farmers and 4H people had stalls with all sorts of different animals. We saw sheep, goats, pigs, rabbits, guinea hens, a turkey, ponies, horses, cows, puppies, baby chickens, bees, and worms. Samuel had lots of fun, and I really enjoyed getting to experience it with him.

I had intended to post some cute pictures from the trip. Unfortunately, the camera batteries were dead as were the extra batteries in the camera bag. Oh well.

4 comments:

Katie No-Pockets said...

Yeah for animals! I would have loved a field trip like that. I'm glad the kids got to see so many fun animals and make a bus trip exciting, too. I bet it was nice to just get to be mom for a day as well instead of the usual mom/teacher combo.

Leah said...

I can just see all those K's with their arms up going down the Township hill! ADORABLE!!!

Leah said...

I can just see all those K's with their arms up going down the Township hill! ADORABLE!!!

Leah said...

Sorry, I accidentally posted twice!