Monday, February 8, 2010

Comps

Ok - somebody's going to have to talk me off the ledge. I just got all of my information for doing my comp exams. I thought I would be going in to take a 3-4 hour test, answering 3-4 questions. Now, I found out that I have 30 days to answer questions I've just received and that I have to schedule a defense and go and meet a committee of three professors (that I may not have ever even met!) and defend my answers! I don't like this. I don't like this at all! Isn't there another option? I may have to go back to drinking Maalox from the bottle.

My questions aren't too bad, but now I basically have to write four papers, using APA (which let me be clear - - I HATE!) and citing sources. I thought I was just answering questions to a test! Oh well. My classmate has convinced me that I can do it. We'll see. I guess I'm going to start working on it asap. My 30 days started today.

3 comments:

Reba said...

You can do this. You can! And it will feel SO good when you do!

Ann said...

I'm not saying that it will be fun, but I have no doubt that you can do it!!!

Ann said...

Just think...it will be over in 30 days! Then you can celebrate!