Friday, February 26, 2010

AGATE Annual Spring Conference

I am attending AGATE's annual spring conference this week. My principal graciously allowed me to come, knowing that it would help me with my independent study for my last master's class. I am attending the special Parent's Institute as the parent facilitator from my school. I learned a lot of things about being a parent advocate for a gifted child (even some things I didn't know about from my coursework). That may come in handy for my own kids as well. For example, did you know that the University of Missouri allows high school students to take their full selection of online courses for free?

John is attending the conference with me. At first, he was just going to take personal days. But, another general education teacher from him school district that was supposed to come canceled, and he got to come as a conference attendee as well. Our first "teacher" conference together.

Some highlights included staying at the Peabody (formerly the Excelsior where we stayed 13 years ago for John to take the Bar Exam - - and funny, thing - the February Bar Exam is going on this week! John said he doesn't really want to take the test again!) and seeing the Peabody ducks. We also got to see the Governor (don't really know if that was a highlight or not since I didn't vote for him, but he was a good speaker).



No comments: