Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Opportunities

How many times have you gone out of your way to witness to someone? Me - not so often. I've had the opportunity over the past few weeks to talk with/share with a gal from work. God gave me the the courage to talk about belief, faith, and salvation. I know the courage came from Him because I was pretty scared to do it. He also gave me the wisdom to ask my big sister for help. Boy, is she good! We asked our friend to meet with us so that we could really talk. What a sweet time of fellowship it was this evening. To find out that she had already asked Jesus for salvation was a huge blessing. To see her hunger for Him and for the Word was inspiring.

Pray for someone's salvation today. Pray for the courage to witness. I hope to not be so scared next time.

3 comments:

Reba said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I need this reminder! I hope to hear more about what you said/did...

Ann said...

I don't agree with that part about me being "good." I was scared, too, and I am ashamed to say that I am 53 years old (nearly 54), and this is the most I've ever let God use me to witness to a friend as an adult. It made it easier that she was asking for help, but me doing this at all was because of Christ in me.

Susan Seaman said...

Our small group prayed for you guys that evening. I'm glad to hear it went well. I can't believe you're blogging again! James and Allison aren't the only ones who don't live in town . . .