Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First Annual Sister Trip

I leave town tomorrow on my first annual sister trip. My parents have provided a condo for this weekend for my sisters and me to have a special sister getaway. We are going to Nashville, Tennessee. Ann and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon (our assistant principal has given us permission to leave school a little early) and driving to the east side of Memphis. I "hotwired" a hotel for us to stay in; it's across the street from Wolfchase Galleria. Susan will leave on Friday morning from her home on other other side of Tennessee and meet us in Nashville around lunch time. We plan to eat out, shop, and catch a new chick flick at the theater. Of course, we'll probably log a record number of hours talking.

I am really looking forward to getting away and having some girl time. It has been really hectic trying to get ready to go. I have tried to prepare everything here at home so that John has an easy time managing the kids and house for the weekend. I have also had to have everything just right at school. (Progress report grades are due on Friday, so I have to finish those tomorrow before I leave.) Fortunately, I have an awesome intern right now. She will be able to step right in and teach in my absence without me having to do sub plans.

If you think about us, say a prayer for safe travel - - and for John & the kids as they spend the weekend being "mom-less."

4 comments:

James said...

I hope you three have a fun time, and don't get into too much trouble. About the kids, that shouldn't be that hard...I mean, your kids are pretty much good all the time, right? They pretty much just watch themselves.

Reba said...

I know you are going to have an awesome time! I am missing my sister a bunch right now. :( But I think we have a ways to go before we can do a girl weekend...she is pregnant, we have Joshua. But one day, I hope too! Have a great time!
Reba

Katie said...

How wonderful to have sisters. I have wished many times that I had a sister, still do. You are blessed!

Leah said...

Maybe we'll run into you...Evan and I are meeting my mom in Nashville on Saturday!!! :)