Sunday, February 10, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

That's the comment I made to Ann as we topped the hill on I-540 that overlooks downtown Fayetteville. Even though I love to travel, I love coming over that hill and seeing home.

Ann and I got back about 7:00 p.m. Sunday night. We left Nashville around 10:00 a.m., so it was a long day of driving! I think I drove all but the first hour or so of the trip. Ann (who was a real trooper the whole weekend) was feeling much worse today. She has some kind of crud which we think has become a sinus infection. We were both pleased to hear of the slight possibility of freezing rain in the wee hours of the morning. A day off from school to catch up from not having a weekend at home would be really nice.

Our first annual sister trip was a lot of fun! We spent a lot of time shopping. I think we know all the major stores in Nashville now. We also went to Franklin and shopped in the big mall there. I didn't really buy much; it was just fun to shop (with no kids or stroller!), try on things (well, maybe that wasn't so fun; I have got to lose some weight!), and be together. We went to two movies; I'm lucky if I go to two movies at the theater in an entire year let alone in a 24 hour period of time! Of course, we also enjoyed eating out and talking. Lots and lots of talking.

John did a great job while I was gone. Not only is the house still standing, but the kitchen is clean, the laundry has been done, and all three kids have smiles on their faces! Thanks, sweetie! (Of course, there are now some pet mice in a cage in my living room . . . . . . but, I think they leave tomorrow for his classroom.)

Any recommendations for next year's sister location?

3 comments:

Reba said...

Don't forget that John got them all to church today. I was impressed with that. :) We had fun with Hannah. We had extended session...she loved to come up and say, "Guess what?" She told me about the mice. It took me a few minutes to figure out that they were in a cage...Anyway, I am so glad you had a fun trip! It sounds like a great time to me. If your Tennessee sister lived closer, I would recommend Kansas City...it is a great place. But that would be a drive for her. :) Branson is always a treat too...

James said...

I feel exactly the same way about coming over the hill. It is neat how once you get over it, you can suddenly see the University and other parts of downtown. It always feels good to come home, even when you haven't been away very long. I'm glad you had a fun time and got back safely.

Leah said...

I'm glad y'all had such a good time!!! We had a good Nashville weekend, too!

Seeing Fay. from 540 is one of my favorite sights!!! I love how Old Main sticks out in the middle of it all!!! :)