Thursday, February 7, 2008

On the Road

Only sisters could have this much fun driving down the interstate in the rain and pitch dark singing loudly along with Karen Carpenter about Rainy Days and Mondays. Ann and I listened to one Carpenters song after another and sang the words to almost every song! We arrived in Memphis around 8:30 and found our hotel pretty easily. We plan to leave here in the morning to drive on to Nashville. It's too bad that the road trip portion of our sister trip can't be shared by our other sister, Susan. Of course, we did place a phone call to her while driving, so we did have some communication along the way.

A big thanks goes out to my wonderful husband for being willing to keep the kids while I'm gone. Thanks also to my mom for picking up the boys and Hannah from school and for taking Samuel to Fun City for a birthday party tonight. One of the reasons we, as sisters, are so close is because of the efforts of our parents and the rest of our family to place value on our relationship.

6 comments:

James said...

Man,I wish I could have heard that Carpenters concert.

Mr. Huneycutt said...

Your wonderful husband says thank you. But, in that paragraph do I sense a tiny bit of your 'suck-up' talent coming through? Seriously, I hope you have a great time! Love ya.

As you can tell by my picture, I have to go work out now.

Leah said...

Okay, your husband's profile picture is cracking me up! Glad your trip is going well so far!!!

Reba said...

I didn't realize the sense of humor that John had until he entered the blogging world. :) I am living vicariously through you on this trip, since I am insanely jealous and missing my own sister. Have a wonderful time!

Katie No-Pockets said...

I am glad to hear there were no lug nut-int-the-wheel-rattling incidents, no people driving at breakneck speeds out of rocks, or trouble with driving so close to the 'dynamite-stick' median. I have to say, I think I can imagine that Carpenter's concert....

The Huneycutt Family said...

Don't forget the accident with the squirt cheese!