Sunday, January 27, 2008

Almost Everyone Enjoyed the Weather








We have finally thawed out. Instead of highs in the upper 20s, it was 64 degrees this afternoon. Wow! The kids had fun playing outside, and John went geocaching. I spent the afternoon covered with a blanket feeling yucky. I hope I'm not getting the virus that's going around at school. I got a flu shot last fall, so I think I'm ok there. There is something different going around that causes headache, fever, chills, etc. I do feel a little better tonight; it could just be the vanilla diet coke from Sonic that my sweet husband went to get for me. :)






I have done more reading on Europe in the Middle Ages. I am re-learning parts of history that I haven't studied in almost twenty years. I really enjoyed learning all of this with Susie Stewart at FHS. I'm just trying to figure out how to teach it to my 7th graders. Hands-on activities aren't always easy to plan with names, dates, battles, and so forth. Susan - - if you have any suggestions of stories, videos, picture books, etc. for this unit, please let me know.






I'm including some pictures of the kids playing in the back yard. The boys played football. Samuel was Arkansas, and Jacob was Florida. You'll be happy to know that Arkansas won! Notice that Samuel kicks the ball so hard that his shoe flies off!

5 comments:

Katie No-Pockets said...

That photo of Samuel is so great! He is quite the little athlete. I really loved my class at FHS with Mrs. Stewart! She made history so fun and easy to remember with all the in-class projects and active lectures. I think it was by far the best history class I've ever taken.

Reba said...

I am sorry you are sick. :( I hope whatever it is passes quickly. It looks like the kids had fun. I wish we had gotten out there...we had too much going on. Now the weather won't be nearly as pretty. I am ready for spring.
Reba

Leah said...

Your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the outside pictures. Hope you get to feeling better!

By Design said...

I think Sonic made me sick!! I felt really bad Sunday after Hunter talked me into a Root Beer Float from Sonic on Saturday...


I love your music.. it really mellows me out...

Hope you feel better soon!

Susan Seaman said...

I posted earlier, but for some reason it didn't show up.

Yes, Carol, I have quite a few things on the middle ages. I'll bring some stuff with me to Nashville.