Thursday, January 31, 2008

CandyLand

one orange

Learning to play


Samuel wins Pretty, Pretty Princess


It rained this morning, and they called off school! I actually wanted to go to school today. I have had my class scheduled for the library for weeks now (and I can't reschedule any time soon). Our wonderful librarian was teaching a lesson to all of my classes which meant I would have time to grade, plan, etc. I know that the anticipation of bad weather was what prompted the cancellation. Now, I'm waiting for them to cancel for tomorrow - which I do want them to do! It's always frustrating when the streets are covered with snow, but we get ready for bed not knowing whether or not we'll have to get out and go in the morning. I'm really hoping that we'll find out tonight so that I don't have to set my alarm. (Of course, it doesn't help that John already knows his school is out.)

The kids played outside some today even though there wasn't any snow to play in. I suggested that they get out CandyLand and teach Hannah how to play. She loved it! Both boys seemed irritated that she cheated. (I don't really think she knew she was cheating; she just doesn't understand the rules.) It's amazing how competitive a game of CandyLand can become. Overall it was a great day to lay around and not have to do a whole lot.

5 comments:

Reba said...

Are you out tomorrow? I was SO glad they told us tonight we were. This morning, it was almost time for me to get the older kids up...it took forever for our district to finally announce it was closed. I am looking forward to (hopefully) sleeping in a bit tomorrow. We had the same kind of day here, except we played Uno and Connect Four. :)

The Huneycutt Family said...

Yes, I found out about 9:15 last night that it was out for today. Yesterday, I had gotten up and gotten ready but hadn't woken up the kids. I already knew that John was out which meant I didn't have to wake up Hannah. We may try to sled today.

James said...

Candy Land! Man, those were the days. It sounds like the boys take after me, always worried about other people cheating. I'm sorry about you missing out on your free day at school. Allison was disappointed this morning when she found out that school wasn't canceled. We have to drive all of the way to campus for just one class. = (

Katie No-Pockets said...

I LOVE CANDYLAND! Yeah, James, it looks like Samuel takes after you both in worrying others are cheating and wearing princess hats (well, I don't remember you actually doing that, but more just you playing with girl toys in general like Barbies). At least we got in a really pretty snow for the season.

Leah said...

Glad you got some snow days! I SO wish we'd get a good snow in Louisville! Looks like your kids had a great day off!!