Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Day Without Dr. Pepper

I'm not necessarily trying to quit drinking soft drinks, but I do know that I drink too many and should drink more water. I don't drink enough of any kind of drink for that matter. I'm trying to drink at least two full nalgene bottles of water during the school day. Today when I got home, I realized that I hadn't had my usual caffeine-free diet dr. pepper (I think I'm just addicted to the carbonation and the aluminum can!). So, I chose to drink water with dinner and then challenged myself to not have a soft drink at all.

So far, my new year's resolutions are on track. Yesterday I came home and did this new exercise video that uses a big ball; it's kinda fun. Today, I played Wii tennis for a good long time with Samuel. My arm will probably be sore tomorrow. I saw an advertisement for Race for a Cure this afternoon and thought of my sister who is starting to train for a triathalon (I think she's maybe adopted or something :) because my other sister and I wouldn't consider such a thing!) Anyway, I thought that maybe I should try to at least walk in the race this year; I've done it one time before. Anybody want to do it with me?

3 comments:

Reba said...

Oh, I am impressed...a day without Dr. Pepper. I cannot do that yet (my choice is Mountain Dew...) but I really try to drink more water. :) I am impressed with your exercising...I haven't gotten there yet. How much walking is the Race for a Cure?

Susan Seaman said...

And you think I'm adopted? A day without Dr. Pepper? Are you crazy?

Ann said...

I'll walk with you in the Race for a Cure. Let's just plan on it. It was a lot of fun when we did it before!