Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday

Saturdays are a favorite at our house. We can sleep in, stay in pajamas all day, and just play. This morning, I actually got to sleep until a little after 7:00 a.m. when I began hearing Hannah crying in her bed. This is a first for a long time. She has had the horrible habit of coming into our room (and bed) at all hours of the night. I have worked hard to break her of this so that I can get more quality sleep. She hasn't been come in our room in the middle of the night for almost two weeks. I did bring her back with me for some snuggle time while waiting for the heat to come on and warm up the house.

Later in the morning, we went to Sam's. I called my mom to see if she wanted to come with us. (Sam's is really close to her house.) We had fun walking through the store and "grazing" on the food samples. On the way back home, Hannah and I stopped at the grocery store for the rest of our shopping.

I have gotten a good bit of reading done this afternoon. I'm having to re-teach myself medieval history. My next unit is on the Middle Ages in Europe. The new frameworks I have this year are causing me to spend a LOT of extra time doing lesson plans.

John is making homemade pizza for dinner - yum! The Razorback game is on tv, so our evening activities won't take a lot of planning.

I tried to rent a movie to watch last night. I really want to watch a good romantic comedy or chick flick - whichever you prefer to call it. I couldn't find one online, so we opted for a western instead. Any suggestions??

5 comments:

Ann said...

I love Saturdays, too. It's too bad that we don't get two of them a week!

James said...

For me, Saturdays are pretty much like any other day (I spend almost all of my free time doing homework), except for the fact that there isn't any class.
--These sentiments were expressed by Allison, then reworded by me (James).

At times I look forward to having kids, but I'm not so sure about the being woken up at all hours of the night. Man, I admire you for all you have to put up with (and most of it I don't even know about, which means I that if I did, I'd have to admire you even more).

Middle Ages: the most important thing is to make sure that you spell "medieval" correctly. I have a really hard time with that word.

Unknown said...

So you rent movies online? I'd be curious to know what service you're using.

The Huneycutt Family said...

We use Blockbuster.com just like your parents. We get two movies a month (I think). We like it because you can keep the movie as long as you want to without risk of late fees (a problem for us!). Also, you can return the movie to the store and get a new one there instead of mailing and waiting.

Reba said...

We love Saturdays...we call them "Stay at home days" though yesterday we did everything but stay at home. It sounds like you had a fun relaxing day! Too bad we cannot have more of them...
Reba