Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, I'm not much on making New Year's Resolutions - mainly because I know I'll have a hard time keeping the ones I really need to make. However, I want 2008 to be different. I'm going to make some resolutions, and by golly, I hope to keep them. I'll need all of the encouragement I can get, so please feel free to ask me questions and keep me accountable!

1. Get in better focus with God: regular quiet/prayer time & focusing on the things he would have as priorities in my life. I need lots of prayer from you guys to get this accomplished. Satan has a way of throwing every stumbling block imaginable when I try to be consistent with my walk.

2. Eat right (and less). I need to lose 15 pounds by this time next year. That's my goal. No excuses. Of course, I think for this to happen, I need to include exercise as a part of this goal. Those of you who know me well know that I would rather have cavities filled than work out.

3. Be more organized. I've got to keep up with cleaning. I really need to do better at knowing everyone's schedule and planning accordingly.

4. Spend less. I am already harping on this one, so I'm on the right track so far. I am really convicted that we need to be more careful with how we spend money. We need to go to Wal-Mart and Target way less and Aldi way more. We need to eat at home and not out (that will help with resolution #2). I've been telling Jacob that the little things will really add up. We need to make every penny count.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Thanks for the encouragement about leaving Kendall in the nursery. It helps!!! Maybe I'll get there by next week!!

As far as coming to Louisville goes, I'd love to see you when you are here. We can talk about that closer to time. Maybe I could at least hook up and eat with you and the students.

I'll think on some things to do...you know the Louisville Slugger Museum is downtown. It's supposed to be pretty neat. Keep me posted on this trip!

Reba said...

How did I not know that you had a blog? I found your blog by going to Leah's blog. Anyway...How fun! Now I can keep up with your family since getting a chance to talk is rare. But I always enjoy it when we do. :) Are you ready for school? I still have a week and a half...I am having a harder time getting psyched up to go back. What is up with that? Anyway, I am right there with you on the resolutions/goals. I don't like exercising either (though I don't like getting teeth filled either)...but I MUST. :)

Susan Seaman said...

I admire you for putting your resolutions out there for everyone to see. But it will certainly help with accountability.

I didn't make any resolutions, but as usual I'm trying to drink more water and eat less.

I'm also planning on training for a triathlon - though I'm a little nervous about it.