Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Slip & Slide

Well, once again we were paying too much attention to the hype about bad weather. We went to bed last night wondering if we'd have school today. I had really mixed feelings about it. I have inservice this afternoon, so I'm only in the classroom this morning. I'm really looking forward to having a chance to meet with the other social studies teachers. We got so much done the last time we met that I hate to miss it. On the other hand, what teacher doesn't like a snow day??!! Jacob was very disappointed this morning. He was just sure he'd get to stay home. It was even worse when he found out that John's district cancelled classes today. I had to remind him of the time last year when we got out and Daddy still had to go. The nice thing about that is I don't have to get Hannah ready and out the door so early. John can wait and take her after I leave. It is "supposed to" precipitate again later in the week . . . . but, we'll see . . . .

5 comments:

Katie No-Pockets said...

Yeah, that is always disappointing...

Leah said...

I was wondering if it was icy in NWA...I heard you might get some winter weather. We have an inch of snow on the ground here, but it's no big deal. Life goes on in L'ville. They are much more prepared!!!

Thanks for the advice on the essay. I've heard about DuFore's (sp?) stuff, but have never read any of it. Maybe I need to check it out!

Reba said...

I was also disappointed. And though we had school, I have to say that I did slide to school and on the school parking lot. So there really was something on the road. But I know at the end of the year, I will be thankful. :)
Reba

James said...

Personally, I was surprised that they didn't cancel school here in Fayetteville. The roads were rather slick when I left for work right before 8:00. I didn't drive more than half a mile before I saw a wreck on Township. That's the problem with Fayetteville Public Schools, though. You never know WHAT they're going to do.

Ann said...

I think the problem was that the roads were not yet bad when they had to make the decision before 6:00 AM. I was on my way to school about 7:05 AM, and I think the roads were just getting bad at that time. They were slippery, but seemed to be rapidly becoming worse. I called David after I got to school and recommended that he should take Lisa to the high school instead of letting her drive. Later he told me that it was good that he took her and that they were 15 minutes late because of the conditions and the traffic.